Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Why



Isn't that the question we ask ourselves all the time? Why? Why do I feel like this? Why are my kids not listening to me right now? Why do I even bother? Why does this seem so hard? Why can't I get more done in a day? We can ask why, about so many things in a day! I know that I often question my parenting skills, and wife skills, or lack there of sometimes. As I am always learning, always growing, and constantly changing.  I remember each of my children going through a season of constantly asking me why. I believe somewhere around 2 to 3 years old they did this, and sometimes they still do. And as mom, I think to myself  "because I am your mom and I said, so just listen to me"! But I am reminded as I go throughout my day and begin to ask why, that if I am walking in the path the Lord prepared for me, the question actually becomes why not. Why not giggle and enjoy the small things we come across in our day, and find the love, patience, and grace that the Lord has supplied in that moment for that situation. Why not put down the phone or the computer, and truly listen to what my child is saying to me, and answer having fully acknowledged what they said, rather than thinking "why are you asking me right now, can't you see I am busy, and give me a moment?"

I realize that not every day is going to run picture perfect, and look how we would want them to look, but I do know that every day is a gift from the Lord, and we are not promised a tomorrow. So let's enjoy today, and take time to find joy in even the small things!

No comments:

Post a Comment